From 14 to 18 February, the organisations that are part of the CLAMOR Network, including the Franciscan Network for Migrants, met in Bogotá.
Delegates from the 35 organisations that are part of this network participated in the 2022 General Assembly, which aimed to renew and approve the Identity, Vision, Mission and Structure of the Network, approve the statutes and appoint the members of the working commissions.
CLAMOR Network is attached to the Latin American Episcopal Council, CELAM. It coordinates the pastoral work of Catholic Church organisations in Latin America and the Caribbean that welcome, protect, promote and integrate migrants, displaced persons, refugees and victims of trafficking. It is based on the Spirituality of Communion, being signs of hope and witnesses of a missionary, synodal and outgoing Church that walks with the impoverished and excluded.
The working commissions were constituted as follows:
Elvy Monzant of Caritas Venezuela was re-elected as Executive Secretary of the Network.
– The Commission for Reflection and Formation will be coordinated by Gerardo Cruz, from the Mexican Institute of Christian Social Doctrine -IMDOSOC-.
– The Commission for the Organisation of Services will be coordinated by Sr Roselei Bertoldo, from the Un Grito por la Vida Network – Brazil.
– The Advocacy Commission will have Fr Luis Carlos Aguilar from Caritas Costa Rica as its focal point.
– The Communications Commission will be coordinated by María Eva Lobo of Clamor Communications and Caritas Venezuela.
– The Ethics Committee will have Cristina Pancho from Caritas Ecuador as liaison.
– The Animation Team will be formed by Sister Leda Reis, from the Scalabrinian Mission of Ecuador and Sister María Victoria Acevedo, from the Sisters of St John the Evangelist.
The Franciscan Migrants Network, an initiative that has been promoted by the General Curia JPIC Office since 2019 and an active member of the CLAMOR Network, was represented by Br Jaime Campos OFM, Director of the Office and Br Juan Rendón, OFM, member of the Steering Committee and part of the Franciscan Network for Migrants – Colombia team. As part of the working commissions of the CLAMOR Network, Ana V. López, Communications director of the RFM, joined the Communication Commission and Br Juan Rendón, OFM, joined the Advocacy Commission.